My top 32 nail polishes!
Most nail polish is good. I rarely come across an actual bad polish (you know the type; bad consistency, frayed brush, needs six coats etc). Nope, most nail polishes are awesome and deliver well. However, some go that little step further and become awesome!
I received this nail display stand from Born Pretty Store to review, and figured it would be a good chance to show off my all-time favourites. First I was planning on doing a different design on each swatch stick, but quickly realised that would take forever, plus the "nails" are so big that the designs would probably look weird. I'll show you a few photos of the stand first, then name my favourite polishes.
Here it is before I attacked it with lacquer. Technically it comes in 33 pieces - but that's just one stand and 32 swatch sticks. The holes in the stand are smaller as they go towards the back of it, so that the swatches are nicely presented. It's pretty sturdy, too!
The swatch sticks themselves seem good. I haven't bought many of these before, but I think they're mostly pretty standard. It's a nice little display piece, especially if you have a salon or something and want to show of either your colours or nail art.
Now on to the colours! I've numbered them so it'll be easy to follow. I've also linked to an actual swatch for each colour, as the colouring in these photos isn't terribly accurate - just click on the name.
1. OPI - Just Spotted the Lizard. 2. China Glaze - Platinum Silver. 3. Revlon - Royal Cloak. 4. Rimmel - Green With Envy. 5. OPI - Greenwich Village. 6. Orly - Cupcake.
7. Maybelline Color Show - Coral Crush. 8. Revlon - Windfall. 9. Tip Top - Astronaut. 10. China Glaze - Wicked Style. 11. Revlon - Temptress. 12. China Glaze - Electify. 13. Kleancolor - Catch me.
14. OPI - A roll in the Hague. 15. China Glaze - Purr-fect Plum. 16. Revlon - Metallic. 17. China Glaze - Aquadelic. 18. OPI - Kiss me on my Tulips. 19. Revlon - Emerald City.
20. China Glaze - Pool Party. 21. Sally Hansen - Himalayan Blue. 22. China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy. 23. Lime Crime - Milky Ways. 24. Maybelline Color Show - Fierce N Tangy. 25. China Glaze - Turned up Turquoise. 26. Revlon - Golden Charm.
27. Maybelline Color Show - Green With Envy. 28. China Glaze - Harvest Moon. 29. Essie - Mesmerized. 30. China Glaze - Glitter All The Way. 31. Picture Polish - Wisteria. 32. Maybelline - Keep up the Flame.
I them all for the same reasons really - gorgeous colour, great application and 1-3 coaters. A few of my very favourites are those two glitters - China Glaze Glitter all the way and China Glaze Electrify. Electrify was my first CG polish, I think, and as it's part of the Hunger Games collection it's quite special to me. To say I'm a fan is an understatement. By the way, Platinum Silver (also by China Glaze) has a streaky finish but it's still great - the best chrome polish I have. Flip Flop Fantasy is another favourite, and I know I'm not alone in this! It's so bright!
If you want to buy one of these displays from Born Pretty Store you can do so here. They cost $10.87 US and like everything else at BPS, it's free shipping! Use my discount code for a further 10% off :).
So what are some of your favourite nail polishes? Do you have some of these?
*This product was provided to me for honest review from Born Pretty Store*