Nail Narcotics giveaway challenge - McDonalds nails + Vampire Nail art!
Both of these nails aren't the kind I'd be too keen to wear every day, but I still think are pretty fun.
I had a ball last night that was themed "things that come out at night," and I went as a vampire. So, I painted my nails with bloody drips and bats!
One of my 'followers' had the idea of using stamping on my nails for this themes, which I thought was a great idea! But I also wanted to free-hand some drips, so I went for both in the end.
The base colour is Jordana - Beige Frost. I don't even know if they sell that colour any more, the bottle looks about 10 years old! Polish is still fine though, of course (I ♥ Jordana!). I then stamped a bunch of bats from BM-213 all over my thumb and ring finger. It looked a bit plain like that though, and the black wasn't very dark so I painted over a coat of "Luxe and Lush" by China Glaze.
I ended up highlighting bits of the red with "The one that got away" by OPI, mostly because I just love that colour. I used a thin brush for that.
The photos aren't great I'm afraid - I was in a bit of a rush to get ready.
This manicure is one I'm submitting to Nail Narcotics giveaway/challenge. She's a really awesome nail artist so check her blog out!
I had a good long think about what to do for this competition. I wanted to be as original as possible - but that's very hard to do - there's so many designs out there! I ended up going for a McDonalds theme, as I had a hole punch in the golden arches shape, plus I worked there during my gap year.
I won't bother to explain how I did the free-handed stuff... basically just a small brush and lots of colours, haha. It didn't actually take that long, which was a nice surprise!
For my thumb and ring finger nails, I hole-punched the M sign into some electricians tape and stuck it over my nails. I had painted them first, so they were dry by the time I got back to them.
I then painted over the now-stencils with a yellow. Unfortunately I'm not great in the yellow department right now. I have one LA colors one that's seriously getting low, plus it's not opaque/thick enough to go over the red in one coat. I ended up using an "Art Deco" yellow which is old and gooey and made it smudge a bit but hey, it worked out for the most part. I have a new China Glaze yellow ordered so I can't wait for that to arrive! Anyway, then I peeled the stickers off and fixed up the bits that went astray with a little brush.
And yeah, that's pretty much it!
Other ideas that me and my husband came up with were pizza, lollies, liquorice allsorts and fruit. So I might try those out some day too, just for fun.
Now I have to go finish an essay that's due tomorrow that I'm having serious issues with. Yay.