Whew, it's been a while since I did one of these! And more importantly, this will be the last Nail School Diaries update ever, as I finished training as a nail technician last month. In fact, I was first in my class to finish, with three weeks to spare! (One-two-three GEEEEEEK). My salon and YouTube are all a go and there are lots of exciting times ahead.
I've made a FAQ video to go along with this last blog post; it's all about my nail school experience. The questions I answer in it are:
- How long was it?
- Where was it?
- Could you get a student loan?
- How big were classes?
- How many days a week was it?
- What was the class like? Was there any cattiness?
- What did you learn?
- What was the hardest and easiest parts of training?
- Was it easy to make friends with your classmates?
- What were the teachers like?
- What was the best and worst parts about the whole experience?
- Where are you going from here?
Also, there was a spider. A dead one, and I hate dead stuff, and I completely forgot about this incident until I went to edit and realised I had caught my reaction on film... it made for some fun editing.
^ Check out my photoshopping skills. Betcha didn't even know that rain was fake. #WINNING.
So, what did we do at nail school in the last eight weeks? A lot of it was much of the same - more sculpting, more tips, more pedicures, more assignments. That's why there was such a big gap in between these updates, plus I was very busy trying to get it all done.
I did a lot more sculpting, and finally started getting somewhere. Now to perfect my technique and get my time down!